Celadon Century Regulator
Celadon Century Regulator
Sale Sold out
Regular price HK$119,200.00
Regular priceUnit price per
- The movement, exclusive to Celadon HH, is conceived and created from the ground up by AHCI master watchmaker Lin Yong Hua specifically for the Celadon Century.
- It is a handwound design with optional Breguet overcoil.
- The movement can be finished in either rose gold or white gold according to the client’s wishes.
- The highest possible level of hand finishing is employed throughout, with perlage, bevelled countersinks, anglage on all edges, five gold chatons, and Chinese calligraphic engraving.
- Circular Chinese Scroll Stripes again evoke the characteristic of yuanman.
- AHCI Master Watchmaker Lin Yong Hua’s LYH signature is present on both the 3/4 plate and the centre wheel.
- Naturally, even the parts that are not visible to the wearer are finished magnificently, with barrel wheels bearing a sunburst finish hidden under the mainplate and an intricately-cut centre star wheel with an extremely small LYH signature.
- A classically-shaped moon case, an elegant frame for the complicated dials it embodies.
- The case is round and alludes to the moon and perfection and fulfilment, all of which hold significance in traditional Chinese culture.
- The crown is wide and thin, and therefore both extremely comfortable to wind (especially given the manual movement) and elegantly flush with the case.
- The left side of the case echoes the shape of classical Chinese arch bridges, while the side with the crown alludes to the moon gate in Chinese architecture.
- Both of these architectural traits can be seen throughout China, but are most associated with the elegantly laidback Jiangnan area, comprising Suzhou and Hangzhou, the cultural heartland of China since the Song Dynasty a thousand years ago.
- The two polished lines on each side form an arch under the wings that is sandblasted for contrast, with the wings satin-brushed to create a long, gracefully majestic curved case side which flows down into the two wings that form the lugs.
- Specialised Shangjiang (上匠) case finishing developed by Celadon HH is applied throughout the case.
- The beautifully hand-finished case, with alternating brushing and polishing in 904L steel, are inspired by the grace and majesty of Classical Chinese architecture.
- The left side of the case evokes the shape of a Chinese arch bridge often seen in the grand scholarly poetry of the West Lake, with its sweeping arch emphasising the length and voluptuousness of the Century’s lugs.
- The polished line above the arch sweeps in an unbroken path throughout the entire length of the case, alluding to the Chinese character for “Grandeur” or 大 in seal script, and encompassing all under heaven.
- The right side of the case with the prominent crown recalls the design of the moon gates seen especially in classical Jiangnan architecture, kindling an aura of literary elegance and understated beauty reflected in the poetic majesty of Suzhou and Hangzhou.
- The crown, excellently designed in its slenderness and large diameter, is both tactile and practical while blending in seamlessly with the line of the case.
- The hands of the Century are completely handmade by Master Lin - formed by hand and polished to a magnificent shine by hand.
- Its shape, inspired by the tail feathers of a peacock, echo the roundness of yuanman and allude to the prominence of the peacock in Chinese culture as a symbol of rank and wisdom.
- Optional transition blued hands (shown on the “Peacock and Peonies” showpiece), distinctive to Celadon HH, inimitably show the artisanal nature of the heat bluing of the hands.
- True to the artisanal and highly customisable nature of the Century, we provide a range of finishing options for the movement.
- Colour of movement plating - rose, yellow or white gold
- Scope and design of movement finishing
- Bespoke engraving on movement
- Bespoke cloisonné dial design
- Handmade Breguet Overcoil
- Handmade hands, either fully blued, white gold-plated or transition blued
- Bespoke hand-stitched strap
- 45 hours power reserve
- 18000 vph
- Case diameter 42mm
- Case height 11.5mm
- Lug to lug 47.4mm
- Lug width 22mm