Anton Suhanov Racer Retro
Anton Suhanov Racer Retro
Independent watchmaker Anton Suhanov, presents Racer Retro, his wristwatch inspired by vintage cars.
In 2023, Anton Suhanov announces the launch of the Racer Retro watch, inspired by classic cars and the emotions they evoke in fans and collectors. Cars have played an important role in people’s lives for more than a century. No wonder there is a large number of fans and collectors of retro cars, who admire the creativity reflected in the development of numerous designs and technologies. This admiration for automotive civilization is the main motive that led Anton Suhanov to design a new Racer Retro. Without committing to a specific type or era of the automotive industry, he has tried to convey with this watch the image of a retro car that is sure to evoke an emotional response.
In the Racer Retro, the main features of the original Racer Jumping Hour GMT, which were very well received by professionals and the public, are clearly visible. These include an unusual dial design with two retrograde time counters and a discreet display of the additional functions - seconds, date and GMT - a cushion-shaped steel case constructed on the principle of a regular Reuleaux polygon, and a distinctive GMT button that breaks the symmetry of the design and gives the watch an eye-catching character. Watch enthusiasts will have noticed the outstanding esthetic and technical qualities of the Su100.20 caliber, Racer Jumping Hour GMT movement. The only thing that could make you change the design of this watch is the fact that the finely crafted movement of Racer Jumping Hour GMT remained hidden under the dial. That's why Anton Suhanov had a plan ready when this model was introduced. Now that we have the Racer Retro in front of us, this decision seems obvious - to ensure that the excellent caliber is visible through the openings in a skeletonized dial.
- 28 pieces
- Triple retrograde indication invented by Anton Suhanov with retrograde subdials for hours (at 8 o’clock), minutes (at 4 o’clock) and seconds on 20-seconds scale at the centre
- jumping hour hand
- 24 hours GMT jumping digital indication (at 12 o’clock) with synchronous switch of minutes, hours and GMT at the end of hour
- date window at 6 o’clock
- 39 х 39 mm, thickness 12.5 mm
- Stainless steel
- sapphire crystal
- transparent sapphire caseback
- 30 m water-resistant
- Caliber Su100.25, self-winding
- Diameter 31.5 mm, 6.9 mm thick (with indication module)
- The base caliber Eta 2824-2, modified by Anton Suhanov, decorative full-disc oscillating weight (rotor); frequency 28’800 semi-oscillations per hour; 38-hour power reserve
- Indication module invented, developed and made by Anton Suhanov, 132 parts
- 43 jewels (base caliber – 25; indication module – 18 Jewels)
- In 24 parts; the base, appliques and the bows of retrograde subdials – brass with ruthenium coating, ,
- titanium retrograde subdials with sandy-beige anodization
- High quality brown leather strap
- stainless steel buckle made by Anton Suhanov and designed as a sportcar spoiler